Wednesday, June 17, 2009

JAY-Z FIRST SINGLE WITH DRAKE!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
More details surrounding the highly-anticipated collaboration between Jay-Z and Drake for The Blueprint 3's first single have leaked online.
Following-up his street record, "Death of Autotune," Jay's alleged new single was confirmed to feature rap newcomer Drake.

DJ Skee had the opportunity to preview "Off That," Jay's first single from The Blueprint 3. "I don't want to really ruin the surprise," the host of Sirius XM's "Skeetox" radio show reluctantly tells Rap-Up.com. "I mean it's Jay, he's killing it." While he didn't disclose details, he did build anticipation for the record. "Jay sounds pretty incredible, man." Skee confirmed that hip-hop's hottest newcomer, Drake, lends his talent to the song. (Rap-Up)

Skee previously broke the news on Jay's upcoming album via Twitter.

"First single off the new Jay-Z Blueprint 3 album coming Sunday," DJ Skee wrote unmodified on Friday (June 5). "D.O.A. is the street track...Oh...the official OFFICIAL Jay radio single will be called 'Off That' and feature Drake.....Coming July...Last thing about Jay, Blueprint 3 release date IS 9/11. Same day as original Blueprint in 2001. RocNation. Atlantic hired for marketing. Sunday! (DJ Skee's Twitter Page)

Speaking on his "D.O.A." record offending rappers like DJ Webstar, Jay hinted at the production behind his forthcoming LP.

"Nah, he's a young guy," Jay explained in an interview. "So he probably, he doesn't have a full understanding of what I'm saying. So, you know, or maybe he'll understand one day, but right now, he's a young guy. He doesn't know no better...It's a new classic, that's what I like to call it. Kanye [West] is doing the bulk of the production, Timbaland has some incredible records on there and I'm still working on it since I got a little time and can only get better." (WGCI)

The album will be distributed by Atlantic.

"Blueprint 3, I'm ready, I got the foundation and I'm ready to blast off," Jay said in an interview last week. "I'm pretty much at the launching pad right now. I bought my album back, I overpaid for it because I believe at this point in my career, you know, I wanted to be totally independent and free. Def Jam and Universal did a beautiful thing, they let me pay, they overcharged me a little bit, but I appreciate all the years they put into my career...I'm working with Atlantic, they gonna distribute the album. They're dong a fantastic job and by the way, I get a chance to connect with the people I started my career with." (Hot 97)

The Blueprint 3 will reportedly hit stores Friday, September 11th.

No comments: